- J.P. Joule, "On the Effects of Magnetism Upon the Dimensions of Iron and Steel
Bars," Philosophical Magazine, Vol. 30, 1847.
- E. Villari, "Change of Magnetization by Tension and by
Electric Current," Annalen der Physik und Chemie, Leipzig, Vol. 128, 1865.
- G.W. Pierce, "Magnetostriction Oscillators,"
Proceedings, Institute of Radio Engineers, Vol. 17, 1929, pp. 42-88.
- H.H. Hall, "A Magnetostrictive Filter,"
Proceedings, Institute of Radio Engineers, Vol. 21, 1933, pp. 1328-1338.
- A.B. Wood, F.D. Smith, and J.A. McGeachy, "A
Magnetostriction Depth Recorder," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers,
Vol. 76, 1935, pp. 550-566.
- A.E. Crawford, Ultrasonic Engineering with Particular
Reference to High Power Applications, Butterworth, London, 1955, Chapter 4.
- H. Epstein and O.B. Stram, "A High Performance
Magnetostriction-Sonic Delay Line," Transactions, Institute of Radio Engineers,
Professional Group on Ultrasonic Engineering, 1957, pp. 1-24.
- W.P. Mason, "Piezoelectricity, Its History and
Applications," Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 70, 1981, pp.
- S.C. Watson and D. Stafford, "Cables in Trouble,"
Civil Engineering, April 1988, pp. 38-41.
- E.R. Dobbs, "Electromagnetic Generation of Ultrasonic
Waves," Physical Acoustics; Principles and Methods, Vol. 10, Academic Press, New
York, 1973, Chapter 3.
- H. Kwun and C.M. Teller, "Detection of Fractured Wires
In Steel Cables Using Magnetostrictive Sensors," Materials Evaluation, Vol. 52, 1994,
- H. Kwun and A.E. Holt, "Feasibility of Under-Lagging
Corrosion Detection in Steel Pipe Using Magnetostrictive Sensor Technique,"
(submitted for publication).
- H. Kwun and K.A. Bartels, "Experimental Observation of
Wave Dispersion in Cylindrical Shells Via Time-Frequency Analysis." (accepted for
publication by the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America).