Particle Sensor Performance and
PSPD-II Launching Soon
After successful completion of our PSPD-I consortium, Southwest Research Institute is planning a follow on program. The kick-off meeting for PSPD-II will be held on January 12, 2016 in San Antonio, Texas. Meeting attendance is restricted to PSPD-II members only. The annual membership fee is:
- $75,000 for sensor makers participating with sensors
- $45,000 for any other stakeholders that are not participating with sensors
The following topics will be discussed during the kick-off meeting:
- Review of new regulations related to OBD and particle sensors
- Detailed discussion of three proposed program topics:
- Particle sensor variability and sensitivity near an OBD threshold
- Particle sensor cross sensitivity to ash and other gaseous species in engine exhaust
- Soot particle charge and electrical conductivity in different technology engines
PSPD-II may not be limited to only particle sensors. Companies that make other sensor technologies for gaseous and liquid exhaust products are also encouraged to join.
To request a copy of the proposal or express interest in participating in PSPD-II and attend the kick-off meeting, please contact Dr. Imad A. Khalek at (210) 522-2536 as soon as possible before the kick-off meeting. We look forward to your participation.
SwRI is globally recognized for its efforts in the area of particle emissions research. Our unique capabilities and experience in engine emissions particle science and technology enable us to offer the best services available to our clients.
particle sensor • onboard diagnostics • performance and durability • particulate matter • soot mass • emissions regulations • PSPD consortium • PSPD-II • exhaust emissions