Vehicle Testing & Evaluation
Office of Automotive Engineering
Vehicle component, whole vehicle, and vehicle-based testing of automotive products have been mainstays of SwRI’s 65 year history. From tires to radiator caps, fuels, lubricants, driveline fluids, exhaust emissions, fuel economy and passenger comfort features, SwRI has the experienced staff, facilities, and instrumentation to plan and execute vehicle based test programs.
Equipment and facilities include chassis dynamometers, test tracks, instrumentation, data acquisition, statistical processes, custom and blended fuels, and technical staff with decades of experience.
Specialization areas of vehicle testing include:
- Heavy-duty truck fuel economy testing and evaluations
- Light-duty vehicle fuel economy
- Heavy-duty vehicle emissions evaluations
- Light-duty vehicle emissions evaluations
- Light-duty chassis dynamometer road simulators, also known as mileage accumulation dynamometers (MADs)
- Fleet facilities and test tracks
- Fleet evaluations
- Drivetrain testing
vehicle • vehicle based testing • vehicle testing • vehicle fuel economy • truck fuel economy • vehicle evaluations • rolling road • rolling road simulator • chassis dynamometer • fuel economy testing • mileage accumulation dynamometer • MADs • fleet evaluations • vehicle emissions testing • test track • fleet testing • fleet facilities