Production & Simulation Technologies
SwRI designs robot end-effectors that maximize the number of operations performed by a single robot.
The Mission of the Production and Simulation Technologies Department at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI): to develop and deliver advanced technologies and processes in the field of manufacturing.
Paul T. Evans, P.E., Director
Production and Simulation Technologies Technical Strengths
The Production and Simulation Technologies Department is divided into three sections, each with its own area of expertise:
- The Custom Automated Solutions Section and Adaptive Technologies Section develop and evaluate robotic and automation equipment, systems, and processes.
- The Manufacturing and Process Engineering Section helps clients cut costs and improve productivity by applying advanced engineering knowledge, techniques, and principles such as lean and six-sigma.
Together, these sections serve a variety of design, consulting, and engineering service roles for a diverse range of applications and markets. Several aspects of SwRI make us appealing to clients and uniquely positioned to be an industry innovator:
- Extensive facilities — Our world-class laboratories and staff of more than 2,700 engineers, scientists, and technicians provide one of the most comprehensive design, development, and testing resources in the world.
- Independent and nonprofit — we want to help our customers find solutions and achieve their vision.
- Liberal intellectual property policy — As part of a long-held tradition, patent rights arising from sponsored research at SwRI are often assigned to the client. SwRI generally retains the rights to Institute-funded advancements.
- Customer service — Customer service is a priority for SwRI. Repeat business and returning clients comprise a large portion of our business. We are focused on satisfying our clients' needs.
- Client-driven — We utilize cutting-edge research and development, driven directly by client needs and input, to provide unique and innovative solutions.
- Confidentiality — Project details, status, and results may be kept confidential to protect the client's investment.
- Management expertise — Our world-class project management allows SwRI to thoroughly and successfully implement solutions throughout a variety of industries.