SwRI engineers use an array of design methods.
In designing intelligent transportation systems (ITS) communications infrastructures, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) engineers apply experience and proven project management and design methods to enterprise applications, using an array of available network technologies.
Engineers may serve as an integral engineering extension of the client, thus aiding in understanding the client's business model, special needs, and short- and long-term goals.
SwRI works closely with the client to ensure accurate development and fulfillment of client requirements. Using numerous and varied resources, network engineers model, analyze, prototype, and evaluate network communications technologies to deliver a comprehensive solution meeting client requirements.
Communications Infrastructure Design & Development Areas
- Develop communications infrastructure requirements
- Design communications infrastructure to support legacy equipment
- Perform identification, comparison, and evaluation of applicable network technology and products
- Design for standards-based technologies to prevent sole source procurement scenarios
- Design for manageable devices to improve network maintenance and operations
- Design for backup and restoration to increase network resilience
One of SwRI's communication equipment evaluation laboratories
The development cycle includes planning, development, deployment, and management.
SwRI works closely with the client to ensure accurate development and fulfillment of client requirements.