Manufacturing Systems Services
SwRI designs robot end-effectors that maximize the number of operations performed by a single robot.
The Manufacturing System Department is divided into two sections, each with its own area of expertise:
- The Robotics and Automation Engineering Section develops and evaluates robotic and automation equipment, systems, and processes.
- The Process Improvement Engineering Section helps clients cut costs and improve productivity by applying advanced engineering knowledge, techniques, and principles such as lean and six-sigma.
Together, these two sections serve a variety of design, consulting, and engineering service roles for a diverse range of applications and markets. Several aspects of SwRI make us appealing to clients and uniquely positioned to be an industry innovator:
- Extensive facilities — Our world-class laboratories and staff of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and technicians provide one of the most comprehensive design, development, and testing resources in the world.
- Independent and nonprofit — we want to help our customers find solutions and achieve their vision.
- Liberal intellectual property policy — As part of a long-held tradition, patent rights arising from sponsored research at SwRI are often assigned to the client. SwRI generally retains the rights to Institute-funded advancements.
- Customer service — Customer service is a priority for SwRI. Repeat business and returning clients comprise a large portion of our business. We are focused on satisfying our clients' needs.
- Client-driven — We utilize cutting-edge research and development, driven directly by client needs and input, to provide unique and innovative solutions.
- Confidentiality — Project details, status, and results may be kept confidential to protect the client's investment.
- Management expertise — Our world-class project management allows SwRI to thoroughly and successfully implement solutions throughout a variety of industries.
custom robotics • industrial robots • robotic end-effectors • automation engineering • system integration • machine simulation • vision prototype • design process • review • kinematic solutions