Events & Course Schedule
Click desired event for details
- November 12, 2014 – APICS/TMAC Workshop “Cycle Counting: Reaping the Benefits of Cycle Counting”
When: November 12, 2014
Time: 12:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Where: Southwest Research Institute
6220 Culebra Road, Building 68
Conference Room “I”
San Antonio, TX 78238
Limited Space Available
Registration: Register online Inquiries: Vern Teichroeb at (210) 334-6144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Harding at (210) 522-3923 or email email@example.com
This APICS workshop reviews the methods used in implementing and sustaining a successful cycle counting program. This interactive training is designed for business owners, accounting personnel, warehouse workers, and inventory planners. When you return to the plant you will have learned the following:
- Identify why accurate inventories are important.
- Identify problems with conducting an annual physical inventory.
- Understand what cycle counting is and is not.
- Know what the administrative requirements are for setting up a cycle count program.
- Recognize how to conduct an ABC analysis of your inventory.
- Determine what are the plant discipline requirements for cycle counting.
- Know who should cycle count.
- Understand how to analyze and reconcile inventory variances.
- Verify that proper inventory controls and cycle counting best practices are in effect.
Speaker: Pat Tarver, CPIM, CSCP is a Materials Manager for a Johnson Controls company located in San Antonio, TX. As a SEC company, Johnson Controls is implementing Conflict Minerals tracking in its supply chain. A seasoned supply chain professional, Pat has worked successfully for such companies as Fairchild Dornier, Baker Oil Tools, and Boeing Aerospace. A member of APICS for over 25 years, Pat has conducted APICS educational classes in every major city in south central Texas and Mexico.
Printer Friendly Course Catalog
Don't see a desired class at a convenient date? We provide custom on-site training at affordable rates. Contact Barbara Harding for more information.
TMAC South Central
Texas cities in the South Central TMAC Region include: Austin, Georgetown, New Braunfels, Round Rock, San Angelo, San Antonio, San Marcos, Seguin, Temple, Uvalde, Victoria, and Waco.
lean manufacturing • lean healthcare bull; lean training • manufacturing assistance • process improvement • lean six sigma • six sigma • green belt certification • black belt certification • quality system • facility layout • sustainable manufacturing • E3 • lean, clean and energy (LCE)