Systems & Software Engineering
Southwest Research Institute is a recognized leader in applied computer science and systems engineering.
For more than 30 years, the systems and software engineers of the Intelligent Systems Division at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) has performed:
- Systems and software requirements analysis
- Software design and analysis
- Software implementation
- Testing and integration
- Turn-key development
- Software process improvement
- Independent verification and validation
Technology Areas for Current Projects
Recognized as a leader in applied research and development of innovative systems, SwRI uses a proven Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMI®) compliant, integrated software development process to transform concepts into reality. SwRI's success in systems and software engineering is based on a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving, offering clients a significant resource for innovative solutions.
SwRI develops detailed proposals for potential clients after an understanding of the problem to be solved is established.
Why Contract with SwRI?
- World-class laboratories and a staff of more than 3,000 provide one of the most comprehensive design, development, and testing resources in the world.
- SwRI has proven, quality-based systems and software development processes.
- SwRI is independent and nonprofit – to help our clients find the right solution without product bias.
- As part of a long-held tradition, intellectual property rights arising from sponsored research at SwRI are often assigned to the client. SwRI generally retains the rights to Institute-funded advancements.
- SwRI understands the need to commercialize technologies rapidly.
- Client service is a priority — 85 percent of SwRI's business is return business.
software engineering • software development • ITS systems • medical systems • modeling • simulation • CMMI® • intelligent transportation system