Bone density analysis is performed on whole baboon proximal femurs at high resolution using SwRI’s microCT system.
The X50-CT MicroCT system (North Star Imaging, Inc.) allows high-resolution digital X-ray inspection and micro-computed tomography (microCT) imaging of a wide variety of samples, including musculoskeletal tissue and structures and a variety of polymeric, metallic, and ceramic components.
- Advanced two-dimension (2-D) x-ray inspection
- 2-D computed tomography (CT) slice reconstruction
- CT volume reconstruction for three-dimension (3-D) inspection
- 3-D internal and external surface scanning
- Measurement and analysis of scanned samples, including morphological and microstructural characterization of partial or whole bone specimens, and dimensional characterization and defect inspection of industrial components
- Large samples
- High resolution capability
- Bone density and quality analysis
microCT analysis • X50-CT microCT system • high-resolution digital X-ray inspection • micro-computed tomography (microCT) imaging • musculoskeletal tissue & structures