Steam Turbine Technology
Test specimens, used to obtain critical material properties, are trepanned from aged rotor periphery at plane of balance.
Since the turn of the last century, steam turbine generators have earned an enviable reputation for economy and reliability in converting heat energy to electrical energy under the most exacting service conditions. Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) provides expertise and extensive laboratory facilities to meet the challenges imposed in the design, assembly, and reliable operation of turbines of all sizes.
- Remaining life assessment
- Nondestructive evaluation
- Materials degradation studies
- Structural integrity analysis
- Failure analysis and prevention
- Materials testing and evaluation
- Field hardness testing and replication
- Vibration problem diagnosis
- Telemetry testing
SwRI can offer you a full range of capabilities and experience in rotating machinery technologies including becoming an extension of your SwRI department.
Contact us for more information about rotating machinery technologies at SwRI or how you can contract with SwRI.