Flow Coefficient (Cv) Testing
Flow Component Testing Facilities
SwRI performs flow coefficient (Cv) testing on a variety of products with either water or nitrogen.
High accuracy transmitters, like these, can detect small changes in pressure for low flow rate or smooth internal surface applications.
A variety of tests for determining the flow capacity of valves and other flow-limiting devices is provided by Southwest Research Institute (SwRI). Both incompressible and compressible test media are available.
SwRI has extensive experience with the selection of proper flow and pressure instrumentation required for each test. SwRI can also provide custom-built test spools in order to meet the specification requirements.
Incompressible Test Media (Water)
- Meter flows for low differential liquid testing up to 5,000 gpm
- High accuracy differential pressure transmitters for low flow rates or smooth internal surface applications
- Ability to test valve coefficients up to 3,500
Compressible Test Media (Nitrogen/Compressed Air)
- Nitrogen tests are conducted at the Gas Blowdown Facility
- Compressed air tests are performed in custom flow loops for low pressure (<250 psi) applications
Industry Standard and Custom Test Procedures
- ANSI/ISA S75.02.01 Control Valve Capacity Test Procedures (most common)
- ANSI ASHRAE Standard 158.1 Methods of Testing Capacity of Refrigerant Solenoid Valves
- Custom test procedures can be accommodated
API 14A • API 6AV1 • ISO 10432 • safety valve testing • flow component testing • BS 6364 • fugitive emissions • cryogenic valve • valve testing • flow products • cryogenic testing • fugitive emissions