High Differential Pressure (DP) Multiphase Testing
Flow Component Testing Facilities
The High DP Multiphase Test Facility at SwRI allows for high-pressure drop (>100 psi) multiphase flow testing of equipment.
The High DP Multiphase Test Facility at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) allows for high-pressure drop (>100 psi) multiphase flow testing of equipment.
- Gas source maximum pressure: 3,000 psig
- Gas source volume: 1,125 ft3
- Test section upstream pressure controlled up to approximately 2,800 psig (dependant on flow rate)
- Test section differential pressures over 2,000 psi
- Gas flow rates in the range of approximately 0.02 MMScfd to 10 MMScfd
- Liquid flow rates up to ~30 gpm (~1,000 bpd)
- Gas volume fraction: 0% to 100%
- Water cut: 0% to 100%
- Flow duration dependent on gas flow rate and test section upstream pressure
- Temperature: ambient (no active temperature control)
- Gas: nitrogen
- Liquid: fresh water, saltwater, light mineral oils, refined liquids
The High DP Multiphase Test Facility gas source is from the Gas Blowdown Facility.
Click image for enlarged view
The test article is installed in the test section indicated by the dashed box in the schematic. Various tool lengths can be accommodated, and horizontal and vertical installation configurations are available.
As shown in the facility schematic to the right, the gas-phase flow is provided by high pressure nitrogen gas flowing though the facility and is exhausted to atmosphere. The liquid phase flow is provided by a triplex pump in a recirculating, open tank loop. Click the image for a larger view.
- A high pressure Multiphase Flow Loop is available. For more information about the Multiphase Flow Loop, please contact Flavia Viana at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 522-6712.
- A wide range of expertise in complementary technologies are also available, such as noise and vibration, that can be utilized for various projects.
API 14A • API 6AV1 • ISO 10432 • safety valve testing • flow component testing • BS 6364 • fugitive emissions • cryogenic valve • valve testing • low products • cryogenic testing • fugitive emissions