Structural Engineering in the Mechanical Engineering Division offers a full range of design, testing, and fabrication services for structural components and mechanical systems.
Our experienced staff, computational resources, and extensive facilities are used by a variety of commercial and government clients including the marine, offshore, highway and rail-based transportation systems, electronics, telecommunications, space, and aerospace industries.
Tim Fey, P.E., Director
- Aerospace Structures — Development and life management of aerospace and space structures.
- Ocean Simulation Lab — Provides deep ocean simulation test services and hyperbaric test facilities for offshore equipment qualification testing and test and evaluation services for pressure hulls and vessels.
- Marine Structures and Engineering — Structural systems design, analysis, fabrication, and test; emphasizing marine and offshore petroleum industries and large, complex systems design and fabrication.
- Structural Dynamics and Product Assurance — Design, analysis, and testing of mechanical systems; emphasizing acoustic and dynamic loading (e.g., vibration, impact, crash, environmental extremes).
- NASGRO® Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis Software — Analysis and consulting services; software licensing and support.