Telecommunications Equipment Evaluation
Equipment is placed in environmental chambers to evaluate performance in various temperature and humidity conditions.
Sound intensity techniques are used to characterize equipment noise.
Equipment performance is evaluated for various combined temperature, humidity, and altitude conditions experienced during storage, transport, and in-service operation. Sound output, label readability, and lighting (illumination testing) on client equipment are measured. For your convenience, environmental test equipment to conduct NEBS and other telecommunications evaluations are available at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI).
Key Features of Environmental Testing
- Uninterruptible power during long-term operating tests
- Remote client monitoring of equipment being tested
- Remote monitoring of test chamber performance by SwRI
- Accommodation of large equipment frames in our chambers (including altitude)
- Efficient measurements of sound power using microphone arrays (up to seven at a time)
- Illumination test measurements made in the same room as sound without moving the equipment
Environmental Testing Capabilities
- Several temperature/humidity chambers are available for use in meeting both NEBS and European Union requirements. The largest temperature/humidity chamber can accommodate up to six frames of client equipment. The altitude chamber can accommodate up to two frames.
- Sound power or sound pressure levels are established using one of the SwRI semi-anechoic chambers to evaluate equipment acoustic noise emissions. A drive-in chamber is available for large systems.
- −73° C to +180° C
- 5% to 98% relative humidity at temperatures greater than 5°C
- Site level (~980 feet) to 80,000 feet
Sound Power/Pressure Capabilities:
- 34 dBA average background level
- Up to seven microphones used simultaneously
NEBS • Verizon ITL • telecommunications equipment testing • earthquake simulation • fire testing • fire evaluation • EMC evaluation electrical measurement • in situ measurement of acoustic intensity • environmental chambers • electro-dynamic shakers • OSHA • NRTL • Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory • environmental testing • IEEE • ANSI • ASTM • ISO • ETSI • FCC • UL • CE Mark