Our staff of more than 2,600 people cover a broad range of areas in engineering and the physical sciences.
A few important facts about Southwest Research Institute (SwRI):
- Our staff of more than 2,600 people cover a broad range of areas in engineering and the physical sciences.
- SwRI staff include 275 people with PhDs, 513 with Master's degrees, and 700 with Bachelor's degrees.
- SwRI has earned 41 R&D 100 Awards since 1971 from R&D Magazine.
- SwRI has been awarded more than 1,200 patents to date.
- Staff members are committed to community service through volunteer programs for United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts of America, and many other organizations.
- SwRI encourages professional growth in our staff members. Our staff made 620 presentations at scientific conferences and published 663 papers and journal articles in 2016.
- SwRI staff value the importance of education by mentoring and tutoring local high school and university students. They also participate in extracurricular activities such as science fairs, the Young Engineers and Scientists program, the Texas Engineering challenge, and other science programs.
biomedical engineering • medical device • biomedical, biotechnology • bioengineering, biomechanics • biomedical research • biosensors • cardiovascular research • biomaterials • micro-electro mechanical systems • MEMS • medical manufacturing • bioengineering modeling • bioengineering analysis • medical product analysis • raman spectroscopy • raman microscopy • medical device design • medical device development • medical rapid prototyping, industrial design • mechanical design • medical device prototyping