Response Surface Toolkit
Response Surface Toolkit showing a Gaussian Process model fit to data from a highly nonlinear function
Design of Experiments using optimized Latin Hypercube design
Comprehensive information at a glance with the “Review Model” screen
Flexible 2D and 3D plotting with “fixed value” sliders to fully explore the response surface visualization
Response Surface Toolkit Overview
The new NESSUS Response Surface Toolkit is a standalone application that provides easy, user-friendly methods for designing, fitting, evaluating, and visualizing state-of-the-art response surface models.
Key response surface toolkit capabilities include:
- Design of experiments using Latin Hypercube sampling, with options for correlation reduction and point spacing optimization
- Fit polynomial regression and Gaussian process regression response surface models
- Evaluate goodness of fit using leave-one-out cross-validation
- Plot 2D and 3D slices of the model
- Evaluate importance of variables using variance-based (global) sensitivity analysis
- Make model predictions at user-specified input values
- Export models for use in the NESSUS software
- Import models created by the NESSUS software
Design of Experiments
Quickly and easily generate efficient designs for computer experiments using spacing-optimized Latin Hypercube sampling.
Response Surface Modeling
A simple interface for fitting models makes it easy for anyone to fit powerful Gaussian Process response surface models suitable for data either from deterministic computer simulations or noisy physical experiments.
The “Review Model” screen lets you quickly and easily access key information such as goodness of fit, sensitivities, and response surface plots, all on the same screen. Main and total effect sensitivity indices for all model inputs are computed using variance decomposition with exact solutions for both polynomial and Gaussian Process models, so Monte Carlo sampling error is not an issue.
Powerful plotting capabilities allow visualization of any 2D or 3D slice of the response surface model. The fixed values for variables not used in the plot can be adjusted using intuitive sliders to see the effect on the response surface in real time.
Obtaining the Response Surface Toolkit
The Response Surface Toolkit is included with the NESSUS license at no additional cost.