SwRI Business Advantages
A unique corporate philosophy allows Southwest Research Institute to offer contract research and development with appealing business features.
- SwRI is independent and impartial. It is not affiliated with any government agency, educational institution, or corporate entity, nor does it endorse products or services.
- SwRI is nonprofit. There are no stockholders.
- SwRI performs applied contract research and development and encourages technology transfer.
- As part of a long-held tradition, patent rights arising from sponsored research at the Institute are often assigned to the client. SwRI generally retains the rights to Institute-funded advancements.
- SwRI has a wide range of technical competencies and breadth. Its more than 2,800 staff members in 11 technical divisions have expertise in such areas as chemistry, space sciences, nondestructive evaluation, automation, engine design, mechanical engineering, electronics, and more. The Institute can assemble a multidisciplinary team of experts required by any technical project, giving SwRI a teaming flexibility difficult to find at other R&D organizations.
- SwRI has state-of-the-art equipment and facilities located on more than 1,200 acres acres in San Antonio, Texas. More than 2 million square feet of laboratories, offices, and test facilities support work on nearly 2,000 client projects at any given time.
Contact the Business Development Office for more information on teaming with Southwest Research Institute.