Mechanical modeling techniques are used to eliminate excessive vibration and dynamic stress caused by mechanical and pulsation-induced shaking forces generated by compressors and pumps. Mechanical analyses are performed to assess the likelihood of a coincidence of system component structural resonance and acoustic (pulsation) energy within the piping system.
Types of Mechanical System Vibration Analyses
The extent of a mechanical system vibration analysis can vary:
- Basic review of piping restraint types and locations
- Detailed modeling of the compressor manifold piping system
- Calculation of dynamic stress and vibration amplitudes of system components and piping
Detail of Mechanical System Design Recommendations
Typical mechanical system design recommendation details include:
- Piping configurations
- Piping support types and locations
- Compressor bottle supports
- Compressor cylinder supports
- Vessel and gas cooler structural supports
- Internal baffle specifications
Contact us for more information about our compressor system and pump system analyses capabilities or mechanical vibration analysis capabilities, or how you can contract with SwRI. We can offer you the best approach for solving your compressor system or mechanical vibration problem.
For more information, contact Benjamin A. White or call +1 210 522 2554.