Pulsation & Mechanical Analyses
From pulsation control to skid finite element analysis (FEA) design and from field support to transient surge analysis, SwRI employs the most experienced and knowledgeable design team for your compressor station. SwRI has:
- Designed and analyzed more than 12,000 installations worldwide since 1955
- Optimized pulsation and mechanical solutions for best performance and lowest installed cost
- Field validated best-in-class analysis software for accurate API 618 analysis
- Advanced low-loss pulsation control technologies customized for your system
These design services are applicable to systems associated with the following machine types:
- Reciprocating compressors (API 618 and API 688)
- Centrifugal compressors (API 617)
- Screw Compressors (API 619)
- Pumps (API 674)
API 618 Pulsation Analysis
The API 618 standard provides guidelines for reciprocating compressor design to address potential problems associated with pulsation and vibration. SwRI engineers have developed a comprehensive analysis approach for current API 618 standards, and our team contributes to published research and is active on various American Petroleum Institute (API) committees.
SwRI uses field validated best-in-class software for accurate analysis for manufacturers and end users of compressors and pump equipment. Our tools include the SwRI-developed Transient Analysis Pulsation Solver (TAPS) and commercially available tools with analysis by engineers with decades of experience and a commitment to helping advance the state of the industry.
Testing, Evaluation, and Analyses
- 1D and 3D pulsation analyses
- Bottle sizing, pressure drop and shaking force analyses
- Flow induced pulsation analyses
- Acoustic induced vibration (AIV) analyses
- Reciprocating and centrifugal compressor interaction
- Dynamic compressor valve analysis
- Advanced pulsation control
- Mechanical piping review
- Mechanical FEA for compressor manifold design
- Skid analysis
- Large structures FEA
- Thermal piping stress
- Small bore piping
- On-site field vibration and performance testing
- Transient surge analysis
Field troubleshooting services can also be provided.
We can offer you the best approach for solving your compressor system or pump system analysis problem. Contact us for more information about our compressor piping system design capabilities.
For more information, contact Benjamin A. White or call +1 210 522 2554.