SwRI has developed world-class space science laboratories that support the design and testing of instruments and spacecraft used in major missions. From small satellites to instruments used on deep space missions, we have a variety of advanced capabilities to help government and commercial spaceflight clients prepare equipment for the harsh environment of space.
Browse our space instrument laboratories.
Services and Capabilities
- Ultra-High Vacuum facilities for Electron, Ion, and Neutral calibration, UV calibration, Mass spec testing
- Thermal vacuum and thermal balance testing
- Vibration & pyro-shock testing
- EMI/EMC evaluations
- RF chambers
- Burn-in facilities
- General purpose optical and optical detector research, test, and development lab.
- Bruker FTIR spectrometer for probing ice surfaces during substrate exposure to ions, gases and volatiles.
- Planetary Atmosphere Simulation Laboratory with Gas Chromatography capabilities.
- Time-of-Flight Instrumentation Laboratory