POWERTRAIN ENGINEERING DIVISION
Labor Category Description: Individuals assigned are recognized as a vital technical resource, having established a reputation for scientific excellence at the Institute and to some extent in the external community. Individuals manage projects, programs and staff members in the pursuit of technical and financial objectives. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Accomplish advanced scientific and engineering work within technical area of expertise and discipline related to powertrains and all components of mobility engineering.
- Are recognized as highly qualified in a research specialty and possess a similar reputation with clients and the professional community.
- Develop collaborative efforts in research and development across division and company lines.
- Take the lead in the promotion of new projects and programs while advancing technology.
- Oversee the preparation, presentation, and follow-up of major proposals and/or program results that normally require a high degree of creativity and technical organization.
- Are recognized both internally and externally as an authority in a research specialty.
- Receive invitations to participate in technical conferences and serve on national committees.
- Manage Institute employee sections or large complex programs.
Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in the individual’s field of specialization and twelve years of experience as a minimum. Individuals have superb verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and are successful in building a technical program and/or program group primarily in automotive engineering and have built a program or direct multiple program activities in a wide technical field. Technical areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, testing and analysis of powertrains, fuel systems, chassis, hydraulics, electronics, control systems, test systems, and contamination control. Acceptable Substitutions: AS and 27 years experience; MA and 11 years experience; PhD and 10 experience.