Defense & Intelligence Solutions Division
Labor Category Description: Individuals at this level demonstrate significant technical leadership within Institute Science and Engineering staff. Individuals contribute to and guide the technical direction of projects. Individuals comprise the corps of knowledgeable, responsible and experienced project managers operating under the technical management line of authority. Individuals serve as program managers of smaller and less complex initiatives or tasks of larger, more complex projects. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Plan, design, coordinate and control the progress of project work to meet client objectives.
- Supervise others as project managers, assuming full responsibility for technical, financial, and work product project completion goals.
- Lead proposal efforts and new promotional work.
- Provide recommendations to management regarding planning, program development and project and promotional efforts.
- Present and publish technical papers.
- Manage technical groups of employees with specific skill sets.
Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the individual’s field of specialization and seven years of experience as a minimum. Individuals are successful in managing laboratory, testing, and development projects, and have the aptitude to lead others and administer the technical, financial, client interaction and organizational aspects of programs primarily in avionics, electromagnetics, signals, and communications engineering. Technical areas of expertise include signal processing, signal exploitation, direction finding, surveillance systems, geolocation, embedded systems, electromagnetics, antennas, communications systems, radio-frequency (RF) analysis and design, avionics, aircraft systems, electronic warfare, and instrumentation and test systems.
Acceptable Substitutions: AS and 22 years experience; MS and 6 years experience; PhD and 5 years experience.