Defense & Intelligence Solutions Division
Labor Category Description: Individuals assigned in these non-exempt positions execute all clerical and administrative duties required to support the scientific and engineering staff in the performance of project responsibilities. Individuals use office equipment, and using internal processes to complete required project and Institute correspondence and filing requirements. Individuals organize meetings, make travel arrangements and deal effectively with clients. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Have good communication skills to interact with Institute staff and client representatives.
- Answer telephones and exhibit good judgment in answering basic questions.
- Compile administrative, operating or program data and formats based on instructions or established standards.
- Prepare correspondence, proposals and reports editing for format, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Act on their own initiative within defined responsibility to carry out routine tasks and procedures.
- Interact with vendors and support services in the normal execution of duties.
Qualifications: This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent education as a minimum, trade school education or continuing education, certification as a professional secretary, and a minimum of zero years of clerical experience. Individuals provide administrative support to projects primarily in avionics, electromagnetics, signals, and communications engineering. Technical areas of expertise include signal processing, signal exploitation, direction finding, surveillance systems, geolocation, embedded systems, electromagnetics, antennas, communications systems, radio-frequency (RF) analysis and design, avionics, aircraft systems, electronic warfare, and instrumentation and test systems.