GD&T is an international symbolic language used on mechanical engineering drawings to supplement and optimize traditional coordinate dimensioning and tolerancing. Dan Bauer from ITR holds Senior GD&T Certification from ASME and will be teaching GD&T Fundamentals including the following:
- What is it, who uses it, and why
- Metric and inch dimensioning and tolerancing conventions
- Major Elements of GD&T
- Key elements and major changes to the last three revisions to Y14.5 and ISO 1101
- Aerospace and automotive specific standards, requirements, and exceptions to Y14.5
- How to Interpret Feature Control Frames, Datums, and Basic Dimensions
- Inspection and measurement options for each of the 14 GD&T Symbols
- Advantages and Disadvantages of GD&T for Design, Manufacturing, and Inspection
- Basic Steps for Applying Coordinate and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing to New Designs or Drawings
- Customized application and interpretation exercises based on Participant Drawings*
This program is appropriate for all management, design, manufacturing, quality, inspection, purchasing personnel to understand the benefits and proper application and interpretation of GD&T.
*Participants are encouraged to submit drawings (with or without GD&T) to the Instructor before and during the seminar for review during the presentation.
For more information or to receive a discount on four or more registered participants from the same division or company, please contact Rita Rodriguez prior to registering.
Following is the schedule for each of the three days of the webinar:
Course Hours: 10:00 a.m. – Noon, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Central
Q&A Faculty Office Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Central
Online (at your computer)
Early Bird Registration: $895 per participant before COB Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Registration: $1,200 per participant between October 21 and October 28, 2020
- 350+ page hard copy textbook including ASME Y14.5-2018 revisions, sent directly to each participant at their work or home address prior to the webinar
- Pre/post assessment
- Various references, GD&T inspection calculators, and other tolerancing tools
- Certificate of Completion
- Customized exercises based on participant drawings, views, or examples
- On-going email and telephone support from ITR available
Space is limited; register promptly. Registration closes October 28, 2020 or when available spots are filled. SwRI employees, please contact Rita Rodriguez for payment.