2018 International Human Performance Summit June 30 to July 1
The International Human Performance Summit unites sports scientists from around the world to share knowledge with collegiate and professional sports teams and elite military units. The format promotes learning from outstanding speakers and engagement with attendees representing a broad spectrum of human performance disciplines. The Summit takes place at the Embassy Suites on the historic San Antonio Riverwalk.
The Summit will kick off with a discussion about developing and maintaining high performance teams. Panelists include Jurgen Heitmann, a retired U.S. Naval Special Warfare officer with expertise in counterterrorism and special operations; Dr. Andy Walshe, global human performance leader; and Brian Ferguson, whose career as a Naval Special Warfare officer included work at the White House.
- François Bieuzen, sport scientist at the Institut National du Sport du Québec
- Isaac Oriol Guerrero Hernández, technical director at FC Barcelona Football School
- Alex Hutchinson, science journalist at Outside Magazine
- Yann Le Meur, scientific advisor at AS Monaco Football Club
- Samuele Marcora, director of research at the University of Kent
- C. Mikael Mattsson, Ph.D. and senior researcher at Stanford University
- Sam Robertson, head of research and innovation at Victoria University
Attendees can earn 4.25 education units from the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (and .7 credits from the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
How to Register
The Summit is hosted annually by the Southwest Research Institute Human Performance Initiative.