FUELS AND LUBRICANTS RESEARCH DIVISION
Labor Category Description: Individuals assigned in these non-exempt positions perform entry-level technical support functions of a routine nature under the close supervision of senior technical staff. Individuals at this level have an ability to learn, knowledge of general technical areas and materials and equipment. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Clean laboratory equipment, materials, and components for testing following defined procedures.
- Assist skilled personnel in performing technical work.
- Use PCs and PC applications to maintain test data.
- Conduct routine tests as directed by supervisors following written or verbal protocols.
- Assists with data documentation and analysis.
Qualifications: This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent education, trade school education or continuing education and zero years of relevant experience. Individuals perform general technical activities that support projects primarily in fuels and fluids engineering and have built a program or direct multiple program activities in a wide technical field. Technical areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, managing fuels, lubricants, functional fluids research, development, and evaluation programs; testing and analysis of fuel properties and performance, lubricants, automotive fluids, engine and vehicle components, wear, contamination, failure modes, long-term durability; development of test systems and procedures.