Batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles consist of cells, packs and modules that have undergone research and testing to achieve optimal performance and meet international safety standards. Southwest Research Institute’s Energy Storage Technology Center® features a hybrid and electric vehicle battery testing laboratory for research and analysis of EV batteries, materials, chemistries, thermal management, and other components used in energy storage systems for electric cars, trucks, and personal mobility vehicles.
Contact Ian Smith or call +1 210 522 2041 to inquire about specific testing standards.
EV Battery Testing Facility Services
Our EV and HEV battery testing facility offers standard and custom testing services. SwRI is also a leader in research and development of electric vehicle batteries, packs, modules and integration technologies.
- Battery Abuse & Safety Testing Laboratory
- Battery Certification
- Battery Pack Certification
- Battery Modeling and Simulation
- Battery Performance Testing
- Electric Car Battery Testing
Electric Vehicle Testing Standards
- UN 38.3 Transportation Testing for Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Lithium Battery Certification
- Lithium Ion (Li Ion) Battery Testing
Research & Development
- Energy Storage Technology Center®
- Electrified Vehicle and Energy Storage Evaluation (EVESE) Consortium
- Powertrain Design, Analysis & Simulation
Battery Analysis for Mechanical Abuse
Learn how CAE models are helping analyze lithium-ion batteries, predicting internal short circuit, thermal runaway and fire propagation at cell, module and pack level.Access Webinar
We provide R&D and testing services across the electric powertrain.