Mechanical Engineering Division
Labor Category Description: Individuals at this level generally perform project activities in a support capacity. Emphasis at this level is on the development of skills as a project team member, the development of individual technical specializations, the development of abilities to innovatively support technical objectives and to serve as future program leaders. Individuals may manage tasks associated to larger programs and interact with client technical representatives. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Perform work involving conventional investigation within a technical specialty.
- Identify ideas for new projects and ensure technical quality of current project activities.
- Establish working relationships with clients.
- Develop proficiency in writing and verbal presentation skills
- Deal regularly with other researchers across the Institute to collaborate in studies of interest.
- Supervise laboratory staff in testing activities.
Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the individual’s field of specialization and zero years of experience as a minimum. The individual exercises judgment, diligence and has an aptitude for carrying out assignments primarily in mechanical and materials engineering and have built a program or direct multiple program activities in a wide technical field. Technical areas of expertise include engineering dynamics, materials engineering, mechanical and fluids engineering, structural engineering, and electromagnetic compatibility engineering to improve the safety, reliability, efficiency and life of new or existing mechanical components, structures and systems.
Acceptable Substitutions: AS and 15 years experience.