|This electronic brochure highlights our
capabilities and activities in the area of Diesel Fuel Quality Assurance.
Please sign our guestbook.
information, e-mail Steven
R. Westbrook, Southwest Research Institute.
Diesel Fuel Quality Assurance
Contaminated fuel is often the culprit when standby emergency
generators suddenly fail, which can create life-threatening emergencies. Southwest
Research Institute (SwRI) is experienced in preventing such unwanted shutdowns by
providing recommendations to hospitals, airports, the armed forces, nuclear power plants,
and other organizations that require high quality, reliable systems.
For more information
about diesel fuel quality assurance, contact Steven R. Westbrook,
Phone (210) 522-3185, Fax (210) 522-3270,
Fuels and Lubricants Research Division, Southwest
Research Institute, P.O. Drawer 28510, San Antonio, Texas, 78228-0510.
- Evaluation and customized development of purchasing, receiving,
handling, and storage procedures
- Establishment of fuel system monitoring procedures
- Guidance on the use of fuel additives
- Onsite fuel sampling
- Analysis of fuel samples for specification conformance
- Analysis of plugged filters, fuel sludge, and samples of
contaminated fuel to diagnose problems
- Assistance in standard laboratory operating procedure adoption,
laboratory qualification procedures, and training
- Guidance on overall fuel oil quality assurance program
requirements and adequacy
- Consultation regarding American National Standards, federal
specifications, and diesel engine manufacturers' fuel requirements
- Adoption, implementation, and interpretation of ASTM standard
methods for sampling and testing of fuel during acceptance, transfer, and storage
- Evaluation of the integrity of fuel oil system quality programs
for generator reliability and maintainability
Fuels and Lubricants Research Division
SwRI Technical Divisions