SwRI provides expert knowledge and capabilities to facilitate the progressive transformation of raw data into a form from which decisions can be made.
This transformation is accomplished by a process which typically consists of the following steps:
- Architect and develop a target data repository (e.g., data warehouse)
- Perform extract, transform, and load (ETL) operations on data sources.
- Discover information concealed within the data using a diversity of data analysis techniques and working closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) in the given domain.
- Provide visualizations (e.g., dashboards) for continued analysis and knowledge discovery.
- Design and develop the desired client application which continues to acquire and integrate new raw data into the target data repository and provides additional functionality (e.g., "what if" scenarios) using the selected analytic methods to facilitate predictions and the decision-making process.