Applied Physics Division
Task Description: Individuals assigned at these non-exempt positions provide support to the skilled senior technical staff, using developed skills and practical knowledge. The technician is expected to do assigned tasks in the laboratory and/or testing environment under supervision. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Set up experimental apparatus following written or verbal instructions.
- Prepare samples, specimens, prototype instruments and/or test materials following defined procedures.
- Conduct, observe and document standardized test and analyses data following established protocols.
- Conduct routine maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain and order required materials.
Qualifications: This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent education, an Associate's degree, trade school education or continuing education, and one year of relevant experience as a minimum. Individuals have basic knowledge of tasks associated with the technical area of work with skills in the application of mathematical functions, the use of PC software and hands-on craft abilities. Individuals are able to read schematics, drawings, sketches, and technical instructions of testing protocols primarily in systems engineering. Technical areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, digital and analog electronics, physics and applications of physical science, chemistry, biology, robotics, electro-mechanical system design, optics, MEMs, power systems, unmanned aircraft, propulsion control and monitoring, condition based maintenance, and instrumentation, and test systems.