Student Essay Competition
The winner of the 2014 Student Essay competition, sponsored by Southwest Research Institute, will be announced at the ITS America Business Meeting and Awards Breakfast at 7:30 to 8:30 am. on Tuesday, Sept. 9, in 140A.
Three topics were featured in this year's competition:
- Topic 1: How will cooperative vehicle technology affect transportation systems?
- Topic 2: How is ITS evolving?
- Topic 3: Choose and describe a barrier (e.g. Technical, legal, policy, institution, infrastructure or societal) to near-term realization of fully autonomous vehicles on the nation�s roadways.
The winning students will receive:
- Cash prize of $1,500, $750, and $500 respectively to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
- Complimentary full registration to attend the ITS World Congress, with the first place winner also receiving travel assistance to Detroit, Michigan.
- The opportunity to present their winning essay at the dedicated Interactive Session area of the exhibit hall.
- Winning essays will be posted on the Student Essay Competition Web page of ITS World Congress website.
- Featured in nationally distributed press releases.