The turbomachinery procurement process can be challenging. As your partner, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) assists our customers with basic specification writing, mechanical reviews, and technical bid evaluations of your gas turbine, compressor, generator, and/or pump.
To determine the viability of a vendor proposal, we rely on in-house technical expertise to help our clients assessing.
- System performance and robustness
- Process, ancillary, and auxiliary equipment requirements
- Turbomachinery degradation
- System availability and reliability
- Vibrations and structural integrity
- Rotordynamic behavior (including critical speeds and stability)
- API/ISO specification review (API 614/616/617/670/677, ISO 10814, PTC10)
SwRI maintains close contacts with all major equipment manufacturers in the oil and gas and power generation industries. The team of experts at SwRI has direct working experience with a wide range of gas turbines, compressors, and generators in areas including:
Oil & Gas
- Oil field and offshore platform power and compression
- Gas lift
- Waterflood and gas reinjection
- Gas storage and withdrawal
- Refineries and gas plants
- Pipeline compression
- LNG, NGL, LPG, and methanol production
- Simple cycle peaking and intermediate peaking
- Combined cycle plants
- Integrated gasification combined cycle plants
- Process power plants
- Distributed generation
SwRI has a strong reputation throughout the industry to be impartial, independent, and fair.
SwRI can offer you a full range of capabilities and experience in gas turbine and compression technology including becoming an extension of your engineering department. Contact us for more information about our gas turbine technology procurement support. To contract with SwRI, please contact the Machinery Services Hotline at +1 210 522 3000.