Transitioning military skills to the private sector
SwRI has a long history of supporting veterans and reservists. Our Veterans Recruiting Plan enhances our efforts to hire and retain veterans and reservists as employees. Veterans of the U.S. military are well educated and trained individuals who are proven leaders, are mission focused, have a strong work ethic, and are team players.
We participate in military recruiting events throughout the year and have a dedicated recruiter to take the lead in recruiting veterans who are seeking new challenges. Contact our recruiter for more information on SwRI employment opportunities.
MEET SOME OF OUR VETERANS
SwRI made my transition to the civilian workforce easier by helping me recognize how to best apply my military training and experience to my new position.
– R. Briseno (U.S. Navy)
The best advice I can give to someone that will be separating from the military and looking for employment is to find a way to translate your skills from military to civilian life. Be ready to get some retraining to make sure your skill set is relevant to modern expectations.
– T. Alger (U.S. Army)
Southwest Research Institute provided assistance in moving from the military to the civilian workforce by placing me in a positive environment, with wonderful coworkers!
– S. Mabry (U.S. Air Force)
List of Veteran Resources:
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) (link is external)
- Texas Veterans Commission (link is external)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (link is external)
- Texas Workforce Commission, Texas Veterans Leadership Program (link is external)
- Hero 2 Hired (link is external)
- U.S. Department of Labor, Veterans Employment and Training Service (link is external)
- Job Opportunities for Disabled American Veterans (link is external)
- Department of Defense, Employment Assistance (link is external)
- Military.com, powered by Monster.com (link is external)
- VetJobs: America’s Premier Job Board for Veterans (link is external)
- Security Clearance Jobs (link is external)
- Transition Assistance Online (Careers for Transitioning Military) (link is external)
- My Next Move (link is external)