For more than 50 years, fluid dynamics and slosh-related studies have been conducted at SwRI, providing solutions for a wide spectrum of industries and applications.
Fluid Dynamics Problems
- Engineers provide solutions to a range of fluid dynamic problems, such as:
- Industrial process heat transfer and fluid dynamics problems
- Gas and water meter calibration facilities design
- Metering and dispensing systems design and testing
- Erosional velocity determination for standards development
- Chemical spill mixing and dilution modeling
- Liquid motion property predictions
Slosh-related studies at SwRI have explored:
- Fluid motion, including liquid sloshing, in a water-transport vehicle
- Cargo sloshing in liquid natural gas transport ships
- Propellant effects on satellite stability in microgravity environments
For more information about general fluid dynamics and sloshing, please contact SwRI Fluids at +1 210 522 3520.