About the Symposium
The second annual Life-Cycle Analysis (LCA) for Transportation Symposium will take place Nov. 16-17, 2023, at Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, Texas. The event showcases various academic, industry and institutional research efforts on LCA topics. Life-cycle analysis is a vital tool to understand total emissions produced during the manufacture, use and recycling/disposal of automotive vehicles. A “zero” definition at the tailpipe does not fully capture total cradle-to-grave emissions. With a focus on policy, this symposium is ideally placed to help guide future rulemaking efforts.
New for 2023!
This year’s event will be in person for the first time. It will also be part of the week-long Global Decarbonized Mobility Summit, also at SwRI. Summit participants will have the opportunity to speak about topics and learn and engage with technical and policy experts by participating in discussions, tours and mixers.
Call for 2023 Speakers
We are accepting abstracts for speakers on a broad spectrum of topics related to life-cycle analysis for transportation. Please submit abstracts and questions to Graham Conway, Ph.D., Symposium Chair, or call +1 210 522 5134 for more information.
Past Symposium Materials
Learn about the 2021 Symposium at the links below.
- Symposium Presentations – Please complete a form to access presentations.
- Symposium Program
The Symposium organization committee is represented by a variety of technical perspectives from LCA, alternative fuels, battery technologies and internal combustion engines. Our committee members are:
- Graham Conway, Ph.D., Southwest Research Institute, Principal Engineer Automotive Propulsion Systems Group Division
- Kelly Senecal, Ph.D., Convergent Science, Owner and Vice President
- Stephen Moore, Ph.D., Lithium Power Solution LLC, Owner
- Robert Wagner, Ph.D., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Director Buildings and Transportation Science Division
- Terry Alger, Ph.D., Southwest Research Institute, Director Automotive Propulsion Systems Division
- Vickey Kalaskar, Ph.D., Southwest Research Institute, Senior Research Engineer, Automotive Propulsion Systems
Registration is not open at this time. Submit questions to Graham Conway, Ph.D., Symposium Chair, or call +1 210 522 5134 for more information.