Nuclear power is a significant source of the energy that powers homes and industries in the United States and around the world. SwRI provides a variety of services to help regulators and industry ensure safety, quality, and environmental protection across the nuclear fuel cycle. Our services aid in preparation for uranium extraction and enrichment; nuclear fuel fabrication; nuclear power plant operations; and spent nuclear fuel transportation, storage, and disposal operations.
For this diverse range of activities, SwRI can marshal a broad array of applicable technical disciplines. These include nuclear, structural, mining, mechanical, and chemical engineering, applied mathematics, corrosion science, geology, geochemistry, and hydrology.
- Traceable, objective environmental services and analyses for government and industry
- Center for Nuclear Waste Regulatory Analyses (CNWRA) – Supporting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) with license and regulatory oversight services related to nuclear power plants and other facilities across the nuclear fuel cycle.
- Environmental Compliance – Site assessment and evaluation services, NEPA environmental reviews, and stakeholder engagement across the nuclear fuel cycle.
- Water Resource Services – Assessments of ground and surface water for government and commercial clients.
- Global and Climate Change Impact Assessments – Evaluating changes to landscape that can affect energy infrastructure in cold regions.