We incorporate fire modeling into probabilistic safety assessment methodologies to evaluate fire protection programs at nuclear power plants and other nuclear facilities. Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and other techniques limit expensive experimentation to extensively analyze fire risks. This work includes fire modeling and programmatic reviews and on-site audits related to nuclear power plant license amendment requests for the transition to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 805 risk-informed performance-based requirements.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
We offer extensive research and technical assistance for CFD, especially:
- Nuclear power industry and power plant applications
- Spent nuclear fuel storage and transportation analyses
- Environmental flow and transport associated with plant effluents
- Oil and gas production from reservoirs
- Chemical processing plants