Aerospace Electronics & Information Technology Division
Task Description: Individuals assigned in these non-exempt positions possess in-depth skills and expertise in a specialty field and provide key support to scientific and engineering project personnel. Individuals exercise wide latitude in carrying out technical instructions and require minimum supervision. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Utilize personal discretion and knowledge to construct components, models and adaptations of standard equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with test equipment and components.
- Interact with senior staff and clients in discussion of current tests or future activities.
- Provide input to technical reports, proposals and procedures.
- Analyze technical data to uncover anomalies and/or report pertinent data elements.
- Provide training and assist with development of subordinate staff.
- Mentor subordinate technical laboratory staff.
Qualifications: Individuals have in depth knowledge of technical practices and procedures and stay abreast of technical changes in their field. Individuals supervise and train subordinate staff and interact with project managers and client technical representatives to ensure proper laboratory testing of products or prototypes primarily in aerospace engineering. Technical areas of support include, but are not limited to, avionics, aircraft systems, unmanned aircraft, propulsion control and monitoring, electronic warfare, and instrumentation and test systems. Individuals typically have a High School Degree or equivalent education, an Associates Degree, Trade School education or continuing education and 7 to 20 years of relevant experience.