Aerospace Electronics & Information Technology Division
Task Description: Individuals assigned in these non-exempt positions execute all clerical and administrative duties required to support the scientific and engineering staff in the performance of project responsibilities. Individuals use office equipment, and using internal processes to complete required project and Institute correspondence and filing requirements. Individuals organize meetings, make travel arrangements and deal effectively with clients. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Have good communication skills to interact with Institute staff and client representatives.
- Answer telephones and exhibit good judgment in answering basic questions.
- Compile administrative, operating or program data and formats based on instructions or established standards.
- Prepare correspondence, proposals and reports editing for format, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Act on their own initiative within defined responsibility to carry out routine tasks and procedures.
- Interact with vendors and support services in the normal execution of duties.
Qualifications: Individuals provide support to projects primarily in aerospace engineering. Technical areas of support include, but are not limited to, avionics, aircraft systems, unmanned aircraft, propulsion control and monitoring, electronic warfare, and instrumentation and test systems. In this broad classification of Institute employees, individuals have a high school degree or equivalent education. Individuals may have a continuing education or certification as a professional secretary and is skilled in providing administrative software support. Individuals have up to 20 years of clerical experience with the ability to exercise discretion within dictated areas of responsibility and may supervise subordinate staff.