The Flow Component Testing Facilities (FCTF) consist of a number of dedicated facilities housed in a single location that are used to perform both standard and custom testing. Services offered at the FCTF include:
- Heavy Oil Testing
- Gas Flow Testing
- Safety Valve Testing
- Gas Lift Testing
- Inflow Control Device (ICD) Multiphase Testing
- Valve Integrity, Fugitive Emission & Cryogenic Testing
- Flow Coefficient (Cv) Testing
- Slurry Flow Testing
- Custom Flow Loop Design
- Downhole Completion & Subsea Valve Testing
Flow Component Testing Capabilities
The SwRI FCTF offers standard and specialized testing services to evaluate products such as:
- Hydrogen Valves
- Downhole & drilling tools
The Flow Component Testing Facilities regularly perform testing based on customized procedures to aid manufacturers in the development and evaluation of new products.
Benefits of Testing at the FCTF
Independent, third-party testing services
SwRI is an independent, nonprofit research and development organization.
All work done at the Flow Component Testing Facilities is governed by a confidentiality policy that protects client names, results, and other information obtained in connection with the work performed.
SwRI has an international reputation for technical excellence, and the FCTF is an industry-recognized leader in third-party verification testing.
The FCTF takes pride in providing the highest level of safety, quality and customer satisfaction. Our third-party testing business model observes national quality and safety standards such as API Q1, ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025, and OSHAS 18001.
All projects at the FCTF have access to SwRI world-class laboratories and staff, which provide one of the most comprehensive design, development, and testing resources in the world.
Quality & Safety Control
All third-party testing activities performed at the Flow Component Testing Facilities (FCTF) are subject to compliance with the FCTF Quality Manual, which conforms to the safety and quality requirements outlined in the following documents:
- API Specification Q1, Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry.
- ISO 9001, Quality Management Systems - Requirements.
- ISO/IEC 17025, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- BS OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Management Requirements.
SwRI is registered with API for API Specification Q1 as it applies to third party validation testing services per API specifications 14A Specification for Subsurface Safety Valve Equipment and 6AV1 Specification for Validation of Wellhead Surface Safety Valves and Underwater Safety Valves for Offshore Service (Registration No. Q1-3729).
For more information about flow component testing, please contact Shane Siebenaler at +1 210 522 5758.