ActiveITS™ is an advanced traffic management system (ATMS) developed by Southwest Research Institute (SwRI). With more than 50 deployments ranging from 6 to 2,000 field devices working in both rural and urban environments, the system provides a scalable solution for state and local transportation agencies.
ATMS Features & Functionality
- Encompasses 40+ modules – including advanced decision support.
- Manages more than 60 ITS field device protocols – supports all NTCIP protocols and most standard ITS devices off-the-shelf.
- Runs in cloud-hosted, local-hosted or virtualized environments.
- Has open, modular and easily extensible architecture.
- Remains highly configurable with granular user and device permissions and security.
- Can maintain 99.9%+ uptime.
- Includes cost-effective maintenance.
- Streamlines incident management operations with automated incident detection and event management response plans that can be activated and displayed across numerous devices in under a minute.
- Provides archiving and more than 80 reports to enable performance measures-based oversight of event management operations, ITS field equipment maintenance, service patrol and other ATMS functions.
- Supports open, non-proprietary data exchanges, and interfaces that allow for information sharing, data aggregation for traveler information services and easy integration of new field devices and new data interfaces.
- Contains connected vehicle functionality, including ingesting of basic safety messages and generating speed data, traveler information messages and the new basic infrastructure message (BIM).