Aerospace Electronics and Information Technology Division
Task Description: Individuals at this level demonstrate significant technical leadership within Institute Science and Engineering staff. Individuals contribute to and guide the technical direction of projects. Individuals comprise the corps of knowledgeable, responsible and experienced project managers operating under the technical management line of authority. Individuals serve as program managers of smaller and less complex initiatives or tasks of larger, more complex projects. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Plan, design, coordinate and control the progress of project work to meet client objectives.
- Supervise others as project managers, assuming full responsibility for technical, financial, and work product project completion goals.
- Lead proposal efforts and new promotional work.
- Provide recommendations to management regarding planning, program development and project and promotional efforts.
- Present and publish technical papers.
- Manage technical groups of employees with specific skill sets.
Qualifications: Individuals are successful in managing laboratory, testing and development projects and have the aptitude to lead others and administer the technical, financial, client interaction and organizational aspects of programs primarily in aerospace engineering. Technical areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, avionics, aircraft systems, unmanned aircraft, propulsion control and monitoring, electronic warfare, and instrumentation and test systems. Individuals typically have a Bachelors degree and 7 to 15 years of technical experience or an advanced degree reflecting continued achievement in their chosen profession. Individuals may have a Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or an Associates Degree with continued education and 20 or more years of experience and are serving in an equivalent technical capacity.