Aerospace Electronics & Information Technology Division
Task Description: Individuals at this level generally perform project activities in a support capacity. Emphasis at this level is on the development of skills as a project team member, the development of individual technical specializations, the development of abilities to innovatively support technical objectives and to serve as future program leaders. Individuals may manage tasks associated to larger programs and interact with client technical representatives. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Perform work involving conventional investigation within a technical specialty.
- Identify ideas for new projects and ensure technical quality of current project activities.
- Establish working relationships with clients.
- Develop proficiency in writing and verbal presentation skills
- Deal regularly with other researchers across the Institute to collaborate in studies of interest.
- Supervise laboratory staff in testing activities.
Qualifications: Individuals are typically technical personnel who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field. Individuals exercise judgment, diligence and an aptitude for carrying out technical assignments primarily in aerospace engineering. Technical areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, avionics, aircraft systems, unmanned aircraft, propulsion control and monitoring, electronic warfare, and instrumentation and test systems. Individuals are typically considered entry level with up to 7 years of experience. Individuals may have completed an advanced degree with very limited technical experience. Individuals may have a Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or an Associates Degree with continued education and 15 to 20 years of experience and are serving in an equivalent technical capacity. This category also includes senior non-technical staff that provides technical writing, project support services, and supervision of non-technical staff.