SwRI is excited to announce its first annual Automotive Corrosion Symposium. Papers are being solicited that provide perspective on automotive corrosion concerns facing the industry, precompetitive research aimed at addressing corrosion and corrosion mitigation strategies, governmental policies that have the potential to affect automotive corrosion, and lessons learned within the industry.
We encourage you to submit a relevant abstract for the opportunity to present during the symposium. Abstracts that are not selected for presentation will be considered for inclusion in a poster session.
Topics sought include but are not limited to:
- Mixed Materials for Automotive Use (examples, success stories, and failures)
- Accelerated Testing (correlation of lab to road to field for (a) corrosion mechanisms, (b) rank order performance, and (c) service life prediction)
- Coatings (materials, service life prediction, mechanisms of failure)
- Combined Effects (e.g. environmental cracking)
- Future Materials (e.g. additively manufactured materials)
- Corrosion Sensing and Analytics
- Modeling of Corrosion (galvanic corrosion, localized corrosion (pitting and crevice corrosion), environmental fracture, etc.)
- Future Operational Environments (e.g. alternative deicers)
- Future Technologies (e.g. near term as driven by motor sport and aerospace, and long term)
Format of Abstract
Please include the following in the submission form link below:
- Your Name: Primary Author
- Your e-mail address: Primary Author e-mail
- Subject: Identify Topic Area
- Message: provide title, list of authors, and body of the abstract (up to 350 words)
Abstracts must be submitted by no later than April 3. Notifications of acceptance will be sent May 1. Presenters must be registered to attend the Automotive Corrosion Symposium.
Submit questions to James Dante, Symposium Chair, at +1 210 522 5458 or call +1 210 522 5458 for more information.