CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING DIVISION
Labor Category Description: This is the highest technical and management level position at the Institute. Individuals at this level have achieved true technical or managerial eminence in his or her field through technical and program accomplishments and an outstanding record of achievement at the Institute. Individuals assigned in this position:
- Are the senior technical persons in their field and contribute directly to the planning and development of staff and new technology in the chemistry, analytical testing, and chemical engineering area.
- Apply advanced scientific and engineering principles in the development of original research programs.
- Plan future staff, technology, testing and laboratory requirements.
- Generate program ideas based on innovative approaches and knowledge of client needs.
- Perform the technical aspects of investigation at the highest degree of competence.
- Lead program development.
- Manage Institute Divisions and/or Departments.
- Are internationally renowned in their profession.
- Assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives or problems.
Qualifications: Individuals successfully lead major business and technical activities primarily in chemistry, fire technology, and chemical engineering and have built a program or direct multiple program activities in a wide technical field. Technical areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, design, integration, evaluation, instrumentation, method development, research development, chemical analysis and testing. Individuals are capable of formulating a broad perspective of Institute technical activities through technical accomplishments, typically greater than 25 years of experience and an advanced technical degree. Individuals are recognized through peer-review publications, patents, appointments to national or international committees and extensive client and peer interaction. Individuals lead the growth of subordinate staff in their field of expertise.