GD&T is an international symbolic language used on mechanical engineering drawings to supplement and optimize traditional coordinate dimensioning and tolerancing. Dan Bauer from ITR holds Senior GD&T Certification from ASME and will be teaching GD&T Fundamentals including the following:
- What is it, who uses it, and why
- Metric and inch dimensioning and tolerancing conventions
- Major Elements of GD&T
- Key elements and major changes to the last three revisions to Y14.5 and ISO 1101
- Aerospace and automotive specific standards, requirements, and exceptions to Y14.5
- How to Interpret Feature Control Frames, Datums, and Basic Dimensions
- Inspection and measurement options for each of the 14 GD&T Symbols
- Advantages and Disadvantages of GD&T for Design, Manufacturing, and Inspection
- Basic Steps for Applying Coordinate and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing to New Designs or Drawings
- Customized application and interpretation exercises based on Participant Drawings*
This program is appropriate for all management, design, manufacturing, quality, inspection, purchasing personnel to understand the benefits and proper application and interpretation of GD&T.
*Participants are encouraged to submit drawings (with or without GD&T) to the Instructor before and during the seminar for review during the presentation.
- PDF textbook including ASME Y14.5-2018 revisions emailed directly to each participant prior to the webinar
- Pre/post assessment
- Various references, GD&T inspection calculators, and other tolerancing tools
- Certificate of Completion
- Customized exercises based on participant drawings, views, or examples
- On-going email and telephone support from ITR available
For more information, please contact Sandra Hawkins.