Key Benefits of Clarity include insight, efficiency, sustainable quality, maintainability, continuous improvement, and product independence. Additionally, Clarity is a CMMI level 2 (CMMI-2) aligned software engineering process, supporting CMMI certification for interested organizations.
- Insight – Through the use of the Software Task, a great deal of Insight is available at the tactical level (software task status, hours completed versus hours estimated, form detail), as well as the strategic level (global view of software task statuses and completion details across a single or multiple projects)
- Efficiency – Efficiencies are attained by allow team members to focus on their specialized skills and through a system of checks and balances that mitigate error propagation in the software engineering lifecycle
- Sustainable Quality – Sustainable Quality is enhanced by built-in checks and balances, standards, checklists, and special emphasis on training and testing.
- Maintainability – Standards and metrics enhance code Maintainability, including a “dual coverage” metric that correlates staff skills and experience with software engineering technologies against the use of those technologies in software products.
- Continuous Improvement – A combination of data from software tasks, metrics, and other sources identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Product Independence – Clarity can be implemented for free using a variety of standard office tools or other applications, making it a Product-Independent process.
- CMMI-2 – Clarity is a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) level 2-aligned software engineering process. The Clarity process document includes a cross-referenced matrix that indexes Clarity processes, tools, and records to appropriate CMMI level 2 Process Areas. Clarity was originally designed to be compliant with CMMI v1.3, and is being tweaked for compliance with CMMI v2.0.
Or call Robert Thorpe at +1 210 522 2848.