Southwest Research Institute and Shell Eco-marathon Internship
We are looking for dedicated and driven engineering students for an exciting and challenging internship or co-op in automotive engineering and unmanned ground vehicle technology.
Work alongside SwRI engineers developing and designing new products while gaining tangible skills and valuable expertise in your chosen field, including:
- Automated Vehicles
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) Communications
- Unmanned Vehicles
- Unmanned Platforms Precision and Localization
- Next-generation Intelligent Transportation
- Engine Lubricants Research
- Small to Large Engine Testing
- Power Train Engineering
- Fuel Analysis
- Engine and Vehicle Emissions
SwRI’s internship program is a rigorous, structured experience modeled after full time engineer project-work. Interns will dive into design on their first day, tackle research initiatives while identifying tomorrow’s engineering technologies, collaborate with working engineers, help develop solutions for real-world problems and contribute to building and designing reliable systems.
Located in the heart of Texas, San Antonio is an ancient and vibrant city with a thriving local culture. Take in the wealth of impressive museums and historical sites, enjoy the many cultural festivals that call our city home and the amazing cuisine San Antonio is known for. Explore the Texas Hill Country, visit Austin, the live music capital of the world, and enjoy the seaside vacation towns along the Gulf Coast.
SwRI researchers are R&D problem solvers providing independent, premier services to government and industry clients. Our multidisciplinary nature allows us to rapidly assemble diverse teams to tackle problems from multiple directions. We push the boundaries of science and technology to develop innovative solutions that advance the state of the art and improve human health and safety. Operating as a nonprofit since our 1947 inception, we work in the public’s best interest and toward the betterment of mankind.
To review all of our Internship opportunities, visit swri.jobs.
The deadline to apply is May 1, 2019.
Are you ready?
- Currently approaching Jr. or Sr. level status in a BS engineering program, or enrolled in an MS engineering program
- Have a passion for design and creativity with the intention of making a positive impact in society
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Interested in a diverse portfolio of project work and multi-disciplinary team environments
- Open to temporary relocation to the heart of Texas in San Antonio
- Hands-on automotive experience
Some projects may require:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Skills in machine learning, computer vision, C++, C#