SwRI develops solutions that help the government simplify complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance/Electronic Warfare (C4ISR/EW) systems. We integrate technologies with interoperable solutions, develop industry consensus standards and open architectures that reduce the cost and complexity of tactical and ground combat systems.
Modular Open Systems Approach
Our engineering expertise with Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA) focuses on specifying, designing, and implementing complex systems in an independent and collaborative manner with Government and Industry working in consensus. SwRI applies a modular open systems approach that provides the following services to the government:
- Functional and data models
- Testable specifications
- Clear acceptance criteria for specification compliance
- Reference implementations
- Compliance testing software
C4ISR/EW VICTORY Program
We apply domain expertise in C4ISR/EW systems and interfaces, as well as systems-of-systems design principles, to realize next generation ground combat vehicle architectures. SwRI is the lead systems integrator of the U.S. Army’s Vehicular Integration for C4ISR/EW Interoperability (VICTORY) initiative, where we work closely with the DoD and industry to reduce the footprint of the technology in ground combat and tactical vehicles and enable new operational capabilities.
DARPA BRASS Interoperability
SwRI is applying flight test technologies interoperability research into the C4ISR/EW VICTORY program using DARPA’s Building Resource Adaptive Software Systems (BRASS) framework.
Ground Vehicle MOSA Expertise
- System architecture and standard specifications development
- Validation and compliance toolset development
- Expansive laboratory and hardware/software integration facilities
- Ground vehicle platform and C4ISR/EW community outreach and integration support
- VICTORY Service Toolkit – Provides standard device APIs for VICTORY services and a plugin based application framework
- VICTORY Smart Cable Family of Adapters – Adapts current force equipment to MOSA standards, where the cable is the adapter with all adapter logic built in
- VICTORY System Manager – Provides capability to manage vehicle network system configuration files quickly and easily