SwRI develops solutions that help the government simplify complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance/Electronic Warfare (C4ISR/EW) systems. We integrate technologies with interoperable solutions, develop industry consensus standards and open architectures that reduce the cost and complexity of tactical and ground combat systems.
Our engineering expertise with Modular Open Systems Architectures (MOSA) focuses on specifying, designing, and implementing complex systems in an independent and collaborative manner with Government and Industry working in consensus.
SwRI’s subject matter experts apply open architecture principles by providing the following services to the government:
- Functional and data models
- Testable specifications
- Clear acceptance criteria for specification compliance
- Reference implementations
- Compliance testing software
US Army VICTORY Program
We apply domain expertise in C4ISR/EW systems and interfaces, as well as systems-of-systems design principles, to realize next generation ground combat vehicle architectures. SwRI is the lead systems integrator of the U.S. Army’s Vehicular Integration for C4ISR/EW Interoperability (VICTORY) initiative, where we work closely with the DoD and industry to reduce the footprint of the technology in ground combat and tactical vehicles and enable new operational capabilities.
Services & Capabilities
Ground Vehicle MOSA Expertise
- System architecture and standard specifications development
- Validation and compliance toolset development
- Expansive laboratory and hardware/software integration facilities
- Ground vehicle platform and C4ISR/EW community outreach and integration support
- Modular Open Configuration Authoring Toolkit (MOCAT) – Provides capability to manage vehicle network system configuration files quickly and easily
- VICTORY Smart Cable Family of Adaptors – Adapts current force equipment to MOSA standards, where the cable IS the adapter with all adapter logic built in
- VICTORY Service Toolkit – Provides standard device APIs for VICTORY services and a plugin based application framework